Wonkypop.com posted this as an official Jive Press release, although it was posted BEFORE the ‘demo’ leaked.
We are about to launch the new Britney Spears single!! We are customizing a web widget for radio stations to “unlock” her single when 2 million fans share to their Facebook pages starting Monday, January 10th. Below is a description of how it will work. The station widget will be made custom for each station with their logo, tag, etc. and when fans/listeners share on their Facebook page it will say “STATION and I are helping Britney Spears …” which will also include a link back to your station site.
Here’s the flow of how it’ll work:
* The station will place the widget we send them on their homepage (in the event the widget isn’t compatible with the partner site, we will provide a hosted landing page branded with the station’s logo and a link back to their site that where the widget can live)
* The widget will use single artwork only and have the following copy, the Buy Link can go to any retailer:
Britney Spears Fans In Command (use single art logo/fonts)
Once Britney fans share this message 2 million times on Facebook she will release her new song
* The station drives fans to the widget to share the message into Facebook, for example:
o Radio drive from on air
o Sites create banners, send emails, social network posts, etc
* Once user hits Share button on widget, the usual Facebook pop-up/allow screen with the Share message will appear. The Share message that will appear in the user’s Facebook Newsfeed is (example)
“Z100 and I are helping Britney Spears share this message 2 million times to get her new song released early! Click now to help!” ::shortened URL:: (linking back to radio website where widget lives)
* The widget will display how many shares there have been til we hit 2 million